Immigration New Zealand has recently established an onshore network of panel physicians who are approved to complete immigration medical examinations. From 1 July 2015, onshore visa applicants requiring an immigration medical examination must make an appointment with a panel physician on Immigration New Zealand’s approved list. Medical Corner Doctors are approved to carry out immigration medicals for Immigration New Zealand (INZ).
When you phone to make an appointment for your medical you will be given a 45 minute appointment with a doctor and a 15 minute appointment with a nurse. You will need to bring your passport with you and if you have an eMedical case number you will need that as well. Don’t worry if you haven’t been given a case number as we can create one for you.
* Please allow further time for blood and urine sampling, and a chest X-ray. Each of these can be undertaken within the Medical Corner complex with providers who are also approved by immigration New Zealand.
* Please allow sufficient processing time; after the consultation it can take up to ten days to complete and collate test results.
* Ensure all relevant documentation is brought with you to your appointment. We will take your photo when you are here.
* If you usually wear spectacles or contact lenses, please remember to bring them with you.
* Women please note urine tests need to be undertaken when NOT menstruating.
The cost of the immigration medical is $400 or $225 for children
Occasionally additional tests are required which may result in further assessment or consultation, which may incur additional costs.
Please complete the forms below, these will need to be provided to the practice prior to booking for your medical;